You may have a lot of questions when looking for a Professional Organizer or Stylist. This is a very personal process - I mean, at some point I will probably be touching your underwear! Finding the right match is important. Below are some frequently asked questions I have received. Don't see your question here? That's okay, book a free Discovery Call and get your question answered.
What if I am embarrassed by the amount of stuff I have?
Asking for help is a sign of strength. Acknowledgement of the problem is the first step. We are all good at our own things and tapping into someone who has the skill sets you need (going to the doctor when you are sick, going to school to learn) is SMART!
How long will it take?
This is one of my most frequently asked questions. The length of time is determined by a few factors:
- How many things you have (paper takes longer)
- How quickly you make decisions
- Level of sentimentality/complexity
- How involved you want to be
- The number of people involved
- Number of labels needed
- How many new projects that occur as a result of tidying
- Your budget
- Unknown factors
How can I find the time to get to all this stuff?
If something is important to you, you will make the time. I work with clients who are READY to make a change. Through our work you will learn skills to find more time in your day. This means less time spent looking for items or deciding what to wear, and more time doing the things you love.
What if I don't want you to be in my home?
That's ok! All of my services are available virtually. This means YOU are in control of what is seen. It is less intrusive and provides you more privacy. As with all services, I work with you at your pace, which reduces the stress level.
With virtual services, you will still learn skills as you move through the process, which increases your confidence in yourself, your decisions, and the process.
What if I can't afford it?
Ways you may be losing money because of clutter:
- Duplicate purchases - because you couldn't find an item
- Impulse purchases - buying clothes you don't love (and don't suit you), that hang unworn in your closet
- Wasted food - Throwing away uneaten or expired food because you forgot you had it
- Lost productivity - being late to work (or school, or a meeting) because you couldn't find your keys, phone, or computer
- Storage unit fees - rent for things you likely don't want
- Late fees - you can’t find bill to pay it, overdue library books, car registration
- Sunk costs - unreturned items that don’t fit, you don’t want, etc
- Bargain purchases - unneeded items bought because it’s a “good deal”
- Avoiding being home - spend more money eating out
When you take the time to take control, you will find money in places you didn't even know were possible.
You can't afford not to do this, and I can help!
Should I wait until I am at my goal weight before getting professional styling help?
Let's dress the body you have NOW. Feeling better about yourself as you are will give you confidence and energy to work towards your goals. It has been scientifically proven the way you dress impacts your mood and how others perceive you. So, let's make them think, "She's got it together!"
When you lose weight, we can celebrate that too and update your wardrobe accordingly.
Still Not Sure?
- Think I’m going to judge you? One of the first things I tell clients is, "This is a judgement-free zone." I am a proud supporter of the LGBTQ+ community and hold a safe space for all my clients. Additionally, I will not force you to get rid of anything, you chose what leaves your home.
- Think you won't be able to maintain it? Want me to just do it for you? What I've found is that there is tremendous power in being able to do something yourself. Sure having me declutter, organize, and style you is fun, but what happens when I’m gone? What happens when those rooms get messy again, or outfits don’t work for you anymore because things have changed (in life, in size, whatever the case may be)?
I am giving you the tools to be able to do this for yourself over and over again. Not to mention, you’ll have me right by your side. You can message me at anytime and I’ll help you choose an outfit, tell you if something isn’t working, or where to shop… It’s like working with me in person but better – for real.
- Um, you're kinda expensive! Well, you're going to get what you pay for. Think you can’t afford it?
EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. of my clients has said, "I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. You are worth EVERY DOLLAR." I'm not joking.
It’s interesting how we can so easily spend money on things like dinners, trips to Target, movies, or our pets. That money flies right out the window without a second thought. But when we think about spending money on something that will actually improve our lives and change our bottom line? That’s when we start second-guessing ourselves.
Our time together will be LIFE. CHANGING. I promise.
More Common Questions
Answers to more frequently asked questions about my services and home organization in general...
- The client may do the work themselves with some guidance from the organizer (a DIY package),
- The organizer can assist the client with the work physically,
- The organizer can assist the client with the work virtually (via a Zoom meeting),
- The organizer can do everything themselves after receiving guidance from the client.